Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lost in Austen

Like any good reader and lover of literature, one of my favorite books is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. And like any woman, I often find myself wondering why I don't have a Mr. Darcy in my life, writing me passionate letters and coming to call. But fear not, fellow lovers of Darcy, for there exists a movie that will satisfy your deepest whims. It's called Lost in Austen. 

I know-- Great title.

I became aware of this gem last year when one of my friends took a Jane Austen literature class. I began to watch the first episode, but became quickly disenchanted and continued no further. Until today, by pure chance I remembered this movie and found it online. 

I suppose I should be embarrassed, but I loved every single minute of it. It was stupid, very stupid, but entertaining as hell. Not to mention hilarious. I don't even remember the number of times I laughed out loud.

So if you're ready for a Austen treat that is essentially a modern woman's dream, enjoy Lost in Austen

2 comments:

  1. Oh wait. So you JUDGED us? And that's why you didn't watch it? Hmm, and now you love it :) Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never judged! I just didn't understand that brilliance that was Lost in Austen :)

      Delete